These are my thoughts. They are not meant to make sense. They are my echo into the woods. I am the tree that falls, and it is here that I make a sound.
Most recent babblings

The history of babble of the modern psychotic blonde

Warps to others, warped and otherwise
Sanity Optional
Monday, August 23, 2004

Hockey and sleep

We finished our summer hockey season last night. The game was to start at 9.30 pm. It was delayed significantly - I don't think we got on the ice to really play (flood and warm up aside) until maybe 10.15, 10.20. Then it went into overtime. And we lost in a shoot out.

I didn't get my evening seroquel till almost 11.30 pm. Plus I was tired and really fucking irritated with Jan on the team. She nags and natters and says absolutely nothing positive. It was the last game of the season and I didn't enjoy it one bit because everytime I came off she kept telling me what I had done wrong. Poor Rob. He's our coach and I think he enjoyed himself even though we lost and when I came out of the dressing room into the parking lot I was raving about Jan. I'm so close to just asking Lucie for my $200.00 deposit back on the winter season and joining a team closer to home. I don't know if I can deal with another winter of Jan.

And Jan and Deb will be at the hockey skills and drills starting tomorrow night. It'll be interesting to see what she says. My mood was pretty apparent when I left last night.

But my mood today is suffering because of fatigue and off-schedule medication. I'm going to hit the hay early - Rob's at another dinner for work tonight - tis the season for him for those things.

Seroquel's not hitting yet but I'm going to go lie in bed and watch that TLC programme Body Work about plastic surgery. See if that'll put me to sleep.

Night.






Blogger moodymicello said...
The sad thing about having above average intelligence and common sense is that we don't get to "fix" those "less perfect" people that bug us!  

Blogger Cliff said...
(Left this same comment on an earlier post, wanted to make sure you saw it.)

Hi, just noticed that I was on your blogroll. I'm honored :)

Don't let the meds get you down. I know how hard it is, and what a statement it makes that people like us will have to swallow these things every single day for the rest of our lives. But that's OK.

If I had no legs, I would have to use a wheelchair. If I had no eyes, I would have to use a dog. If I had no hearing, I would have to use sign language. These are tools that help us function.

Same with the meds. I gained a pile of weight too, even more than you did. A lot of it's still here, but I am slowly winning ground on it.

I once stood in the cold October rain for three hours because I was afraid I would drive myself into one of those bridge abutments. I know what you're talking about. I don't ever want to be in that mental room again, and if pills can make that happen, shovel 'em in.

Anyways, glad ta meet ya, and I'll be visiting again :)  

Post a Comment

links to this post

Copyright © 2005 Blondzila (because no one else would own this).

Powered by Blogger

Powered for Blogger by Blogger templates