These are my thoughts. They are not meant to make sense. They are my echo into the woods. I am the tree that falls, and it is here that I make a sound.
Most recent babblings

The history of babble of the modern psychotic blonde

Warps to others, warped and otherwise
Sanity Optional
Tuesday, August 17, 2004

Wow....

Interesting day.

The doctor's visit was good. Apparently my blood levels are now finally in the low end of the acceptable range rather than so low they are off the chart. So he doesn't want to tinker with the Epival. But he was possibly thinking of increasing the Seroquel again, because when he asked me of where I thought I was from 0 - 10, 0 being where I was when I was admitted last year and 10 being right where I'd like to be. I said 8 or 9. So I guess he interpreted that as room for improvement. But then he realized that I'm already taking the 400 mg recommended dose of the Seroquel so he's leaving that for now. But he's asked me to come back in 4 weeks rather than 6 and is going to see if I can be part of the Seroquel study. It would be a 2 year commitment, more frequent doctor visits. My only trepidation is having to explain to work that I might have some time I have to take for blood work etc. But I don't want to put the cart before the horse - I'll wait a day or two before I plunge headlong into explaining things. That would be a typical BP reaction. But I want to take a moment to breathe and think this through before I shatter any "mental illness" barriers at work. Not high on my list of things to get accomplished.

The other thing that happened was Adam's team won the "American League" championship of his baseball. The game really came down to the wire and was quite exciting - final score was 9-8 and came to a last-at-bat triple that brought in the winning run with the bases loaded. I was jumping and screaming like he'd just won the lottery. He's so excited. The final championship "World Series" is likely Thursday. Tomorrow is some time that the coach has requested at the batting cage. So that's tomorrow at 6.30. Busy day again then.

So, I've come home, done some laundry and have a marble bundt cake cooking. A bit manic? Perhaps. But nothing bad in that. It's not like I'm playing with knives again yet. So things are cool.

I'm off to fold laundry.

See ya later gator.


Blogger synergy said...
One quick thought on the Seroquel study, you might want to ask about what happens if you enter the study and then you either no longer need Seroquel or if you'll be kept on Seroquel to complete the study, even if something better is available. The answers may be important to your decision making.

Congratulations on a positive doctor's visit!  

Blogger moodymicello said...
I also would be concerned about being committed to a program should something better come along. Getting medications in the right balance is such a fine art it needs all the freedom to the doc to do so. But I have been 10 years in finally getting the right balance of 6 different meds to find sanity and, at that, still am unable to work. Chances are you will never be able to be drug free because the whole thing starts with a chemical imbalance. I guess i am just saying don't paralyze your possibilities.  

Post a Comment

links to this post

Copyright © 2005 Blondzila (because no one else would own this).

Powered by Blogger

Powered for Blogger by Blogger templates