These are my thoughts. They are not meant to make sense. They are my echo into the woods. I am the tree that falls, and it is here that I make a sound.
Most recent babblings

The history of babble of the modern psychotic blonde

Warps to others, warped and otherwise
Sanity Optional
Friday, September 03, 2004

And then there were two

Adam's off this morning for the annual camping weekend with his father. He was supposed to leave at 6.30 am, but his dad was late due to this fog this morning and he just left now, about 7.20. So Adam and I are both bleary eyed, getting up at 6 rather than our normal 7.15 and 6.45 respectively. I won't see him now until he gets home from his first day of Grade 8 Tuesday afternoon. I'm going to miss him very much.

I took Adam and Rob out to dinner at the Outback Steakhouse yesterday after my run (which went like crap). While Adam was at the bathroom, Rob asked me if I was okay and I told him that I still feel like I'm going to get fired, and that I spent my entire work day as a high tension wire, thrumming and taut and now quite tired. He said I'm just being paranoid. I told him that I had said to the receptionist that I feel like we're going to be reading another one of those "I regret to inform" announcements soon, as we looked at the announcement of the resignation of the sales rep that only lasted 2 weeks, to which she responded "yeah, I feel that way too". So it's NOT just me. All these meetings, the scurrying around - what I think is going to happen is they're going to pull Mike P. in from his on the road sales and put him back on the desk full time and get rid of me.

I had wound down pretty good last night - the dinner was the needed release that I had planned - but now, writing this, in expectation of going to work, my stomach is in knots.

I just wish they'd get it over with. Then I can decide what I will do.

I can say, though, I'm not as kick-ass-and-take-names as I was. I'm scared, is what I am.




Blogger moodymicello said...
B, I KNOW HOW HARD THIS IS FOR YOU. I REMEMBER THE MAJOR DOWNSIZINGS AT MOBIL WHEN I WORKED FOR MOBIL FOR 20 YEARS. I CAN EMPATHIZE. JUST HANG IN THERE AND KNOW THAT THERE IS A MASTER PLAN FOR YOU SOMEWHERE. ALL YOU CAN DO IS ACCEPT THE OPPORTUNITY --- WHATEVER IT MAY BE. SMILES. MICHELE  

Post a Comment

links to this post

Copyright © 2005 Blondzila (because no one else would own this).

Powered by Blogger

Powered for Blogger by Blogger templates