These are my thoughts. They are not meant to make sense. They are my echo into the woods. I am the tree that falls, and it is here that I make a sound.
Most recent babblings

The history of babble of the modern psychotic blonde

Warps to others, warped and otherwise
Sanity Optional
Monday, October 11, 2004

Thanksgiving dinner

We actually had a nice dinner at my parents. My mom isn't a very good cook but it turned out pretty well. My sisters were both there, sans spouses for some reason. My brother wasn't there - he's a Toronto firefighter and had to work - and his wife just had her wisdom teeth out so she's at home with her sore mouth and their new little one, Tyler (he's 4 1/2 months old and the spitting image of my brother).

I didn't get stressed or paranoid during the visit, which is a good sign.

As well, I made a decision this weekend regarding a hockey tournament I had agreed to play in the weekend of October 22. I decided that I would back out for a few reasons:

(1) I would miss my Sunday morning timekeepers job for Rob's Sunday morning hockey league and I could use the cash.
(2) I would miss my new Saturday night league and I have a lot of fun playing with these women;
and most importantly
(3) There is a woman who is on my Sunday team who would also be in the tournament. I would be spending three days with her. I can't stand spending more than an hour with her and I decided that it would be the perfect trigger to upset my current stability.

So I wrote an email to the woman who is organizing the team, who is really quite nice but a dear friend of this other woman, and I just said some family issues have arisen that I need to tend to. I didn't lie: money is for my family, and my health, particularly my mental health, is key to my family's happiness.

All in all I'm glad with the weekend, my state of being and how I'm taking care of myself.

**patting myself on the head***


Blogger moodymicello said...
It's dejavu -- I've seen you before! You look just as I pictured you. Isn't that odd. You have a nice looking family. I hope you all enjoyed the day.

Well here is another pat on the head for your logic in figuring out what to do about the hockey tournament. Good thinking for taking care of you!  

Blogger blondzila said...
Thank you :-) I'm proud of myself too :-)

And as for the picture, that's funny, thinking I look familiar. I swear that at least once a month someone tells me I look like their aunt, neighbour, friend, dogsitter's wife, babysitter or mailcarrier.

It happens A LOT. So either I've got a really generic face, or there are several clones of me about.  

Post a Comment

links to this post

Copyright © 2005 Blondzila (because no one else would own this).

Powered by Blogger

Powered for Blogger by Blogger templates