These are my thoughts. They are not meant to make sense. They are my echo into the woods. I am the tree that falls, and it is here that I make a sound.
Most recent babblings

The history of babble of the modern psychotic blonde

Warps to others, warped and otherwise
Sanity Optional
Thursday, December 23, 2004

Charity Begins at Home

Adam just realized he hadn't got his father anything for Christmas. My cold is settling in quickly so I said we're going now. Within walking distance of our house is a Future Shop, which is the Canadian equivalent of Best Buy (never mind the fact that Best Buy bought them about 2 yrs ago). So we went there and Adam bought "Johnny English" for his father on DVD.

Then we drove down the street to a friend of his where he dropped of a tin of cookies and brownies I made. They are a nice family who always invites Adam over while I'm at work so the two 13 yr olds can "play" together (I think at 13 they're not really playing anymore, but I don't know what else to call it). Then we drove to the local firestation to drop off some toys that we had for the Children's Christmas drive.

Adam felt pretty good - everything we'd done was for someone else.

Hmmm, perhaps a lesson was learned?


Blogger moodymicello said...
Good lesson learned and why am I not surprised with the Mom he has. By the way, I think it's called "hanging out" at 13. Just back from Christmas eve dinner with close friends (Ruth's daughter and husband). She has gone home. Bill is having a beer with John (Ruth's grandson/Bill's friend) in the all weathered in addition and planning just how he wants his shop set up. I am going to read til sleepy and go to bed. In the morning it will be Merry Christmas. My mind still doesn't get that it is Christmas. It's so weird. I think it's because my mom's not here. that, or because the wedding is upon us. Anyway, it will happen tomorrow and I guess I'll know then! My best wishes to you and Rob. Michele  

Post a Comment

links to this post

Copyright © 2005 Blondzila (because no one else would own this).

Powered by Blogger

Powered for Blogger by Blogger templates