These are my thoughts. They are not meant to make sense. They are my echo into the woods. I am the tree that falls, and it is here that I make a sound.
Most recent babblings

The history of babble of the modern psychotic blonde

Warps to others, warped and otherwise
Sanity Optional
Thursday, December 16, 2004

Christmas Cheer

Today was a VERY long day. I, Queen of all Non-Morning People, had to get up at 5.30 am, leave the house at 6 (still freakin' pitch dark out), drive for 2 hrs due west of here to meet my boss, and then we drove in his cars another 2 hrs due west to a place called Amherstburg, Ontario. It's quite close to Detroit Michigan. We were to meet a customer that we were taking out for Christmas lunch. But this customer, who's never met me in person, has taken a shining to me, so they arranged for a special plant tour just for me. The plant makes HF - hydrofluoric acid - one of the most deadly chemicals on the planet. The plant is all outdoors and it was about -2 C, but about -10 with the wind.

Then we went to lunch, which was fun, in a little restaurant along the Detroit river.

After lunch, we then went to another plant where they make canola oil to help them with some steam problems they were having. Left there at 4.30 pm, drove the 2 hrs back to my boss's neck of the woods, where it was now in the midst of a good Canadian snow storm. So I'm driving back home on the highway in a snow storm for two hours straight, and I'm beat. If you've never driven in a snow storm in the dark, you've missed a real treat. I had to several times consciously lower my shoulders and loosen my grip on the steering wheel. *sigh* A long, long day.

Goodness only knows what my desk'll be like tomorrow, but I'll deal with it.

Back home now, fed and showered (hadn't eaten since lunch at 1 pm) and now I'm off to bed.

More tomorrow.

g'night


Blogger moodymicello said...
What a day you had! While it's always nice to meet the client in person, the travel is never what it's cracked up to be. Somehow I didn't realize you were that close to Detroit. I lived in Michigan when I was young; Tim was from there. I know what you mean about driving in a rigid state -- "white knuckles" I call it -- Glad you made it home safe.  

Blogger moodymicello said...
And where's a good manic episode when you need one so you can attack "The Desk" after a day away from the office and you're worn out from traveling. Why it's off having a siesta somewhere. What's the use of being bipolar if you can't control the moods? That's what I say! Michele  

Blogger blondzila said...
No kidding! I also have discovered at work I'm seriously infected with this stupid "Merry Christmas" (Zafi) virus. My day was SO unproductive. But tonight the three of us are going to see Bill Cosby in concert tonight so all sins are forgiven :-D  

Post a Comment

links to this post

Copyright © 2005 Blondzila (because no one else would own this).

Powered by Blogger

Powered for Blogger by Blogger templates