These are my thoughts. They are not meant to make sense. They are my echo into the woods. I am the tree that falls, and it is here that I make a sound.
Most recent babblings

The history of babble of the modern psychotic blonde

Warps to others, warped and otherwise
Sanity Optional
Friday, December 03, 2004

Tired but don't want to sleep

I'm done skating. I did burn off some of the irritability, and now my body is quite tired but the head's not ready to sleep. So, I found this.

It's one of those silly "get to know me" things. Usually I wouldn't have the patience to read this myself (posts longer than two scrolls with the mouse lose me quick) so I don't blame you if you don't read it. I'm hoping me typing this in will make my mind slow down enough to let the Seroquel kick in and I can be asleep by the time Rob and Adam come home from the hockey game.

01. Bought everyone in the pub a drink: Nope. When I drank, they were bought for me.

02. Swam with wild dolphins: Not even tame ones.

03. Climbed a mountain: Nope. Did a rock wall at the amusement park though and that was cool.

04. Taken a Ferrari for a test drive: NO

05. Been inside the Great Pyramid: Nope

06. Held a tarantula: A long time ago and for about a second. It belonged to a friend of my little brother's.

07. Taken a candlelit bath with someone: Yes. Lots of fun.

08. Said ‘I love you’ and meant it: Yes. It keeps me breathing and centred to be able to say it.

09. Hugged a tree: ummm, I think so.

10. Done a striptease: Yes. Again, lots of fun.

11. Bungee jumped: Nope. No one would go with me.
12. Visited Paris: NO, unfortunately.

13. Watched a lightning storm at sea: No.

14. Stayed up all night long, and watch the sun rise: Yes.

15. Seen the Northern Lights: Yes.

16. Gone to a huge sports game: NHL hockey. GO Leafs GO!

17. Walked the stairs to the top of the leaning Tower of Pisa: Nope.

18. Grown and eaten your own vegetables: Yes. Tomatoes, green onions, carrots

19. Touched an iceberg: Nope.

20. Slept under the stars: Yes.

21. Taken a trip in a hot air balloon: No

22. Watched a meteor shower: Yes but I didn't realize that's what it was at the time (I was little)

23. Gotten drunk on champagne: No

24. Given more than you can afford to charity: No. So sue me.

25. Looked up at the night sky through a telescope: Yes. My son was given the one that my dearest uncle had after he passed away and we watch now and again.

26. Had an uncontrollable giggling fit at the worst possible moment: A lot :-) I'm an idiot.

27. Had a food fight: Ummm don't think so.

28. Bet on a winning horse: Yeah but nothing big.

30. Called in sick when you were not ill: Never.

31. Asked out a stranger: Yes. Oh, yes. My sisters both swear I have a sign on me written in invisible ink that is only legible to genuinely insane people that says "Hi, please come up and talk to me".

32. Had a snowball fight: Yes of course! I'm Canadian!

33. Photocopied your bottom on the office photocopier: Hell no.

34. Screamed as loudly as you possibly can: :-) During sex and during fits of rage

35. Held a lamb: No.

37. Taken a midnight skinny dip: No

38. Taken an ice cold bath: No.

39. Had a meaningful converation with a beggar: Sort of. I made the mistake of making eye contact and then off he went (also, see answer above re being asked out by strangers)

40. Seen a total eclipse: Yes, about 10 yrs ago

41. Ridden a roller coaster: Of course

42. Hit a home run kick ball: What is kick ball?

43. Fit three weeks miraculously into three days: Of course - mania's great

44. Danced like a fool and not cared who was looking: Yep :-)

45. Adopted an accent for an entire day: Yes - long story, but I used to be one of those awful phone sex girls when I was desperate for money and had to be a variety of women all day, from a Jamaican mother of 40 (I was 24 at the time) to a 16 year old chinese girl.

46. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors: No, and I'd really like to.

47. Actually felt happy about your life, even for just a moment: Yes. It was a Tuesday.

48. Had two hard drives for your computer: No.

49. Visited all 50 states: No.

50. Loved your job: No.

51. Taken care of someone who was shit faced: Yes. And I hated it.

52. Had enough money to be truly satisfied: Yes, I think so.

53. Had amazing friends: Friendship is a touchy subject with me. I say yes to this one if I can include my husband and son.

54. Danced with a stranger in a foreign country: yes - a man in Boston on a business trip (I was in Boston which is foreign to me :-))

55. Watched wild whales: No.

56. Stolen a sign: No

57. Backpacked in Europe: No

58. Taken a road-trip: not the kind you mean

59. Rock climbing: See above (duplicate question?)

60. Lied to foreign government’s official in that country to avoid notice: No -

61. Midnight walk on the beach: Nope

62. Sky diving: No/ I'd like to try

63. Visited Ireland: No

64. Been heartbroken longer than you were actually in love: No

65. In a restaurant, sat at a stranger’s table and had a meal with them: Yes, when the airport restaurant was really busy some man came and sat with me and started talking (also, please see above re strangers asking me out)

66. Visited Japan: No

67. Benchpressed your own weight: No, but close

68. Milked a cow: No

69. Alphabetized your cds: No, but Rob does. Religiously.

70. Pretended to be a superhero: yes, when Wonder Woman was on TV

71. Sung karaoke: No

72. Lounged around in bed all day: No

73. Posed nude in front of strangers: Yes and I'm not telling you any more :-)

74. Scuba diving: No.

75. Got it on to "Let’s Get It On" by Marvin Gaye: No

76. Kissed in the rain: Yes.

77. Played in the mud: Yes, as a kid (not the sexy kind you're thinking of)

78. Played in the rain: Yes. (see above)

79. Gone to a drive-in theater: Yes. of course

80. Done something you should regret, but don’t regret it: Yes. :-D

81. Visited the Great Wall of China: No.

82. Discovered that someone who’s not supposed to have known about your blog has discovered your blog: Not that I know of

83. Dropped Windows in favor of something better: No.

84. Started a business: Getting ready to hopefully.

85. Fallen in love and not had your heart broken: no - it hurt

86. Toured ancient sites: No, but I'd love to.

87. Taken a martial arts class: Yes.

88. Swordfought for the honor of a woman: umm, no. helllooo????

89. Played D&D for more than 6 hours straight: yes, years ago

90. Gotten married: Yes. Twice.

91. Been in a movie: not that I remember

92. Crashed a party: Yes - met my exhusband there when I was very drunk. That'll learn me

93. Loved someone you shouldn’t have: Well, that implies that I regret it and I try not to regret things. Even bad things teach lessons and make one a better person.

94. Kissed someone so passionately it made them dizzy: Dunno. You'd ahve to ask them

96. Had sex at the office: Nope.

97. Gone without food for 5 days: No.

98. Made cookies from scratch: Yes all the time

99. Won first prize in a costume contest: No.

100. Ridden a gondola in Venice: Nope.

There

I actually do feel a little calmer.

Now I'm going to go lie down and see if that helps and lets me sleep.

Night.



Blogger moodymicello said...
Sounds like you are going into a dip downward. I hope you got to sleep. I can relate to not having close friends and wanting time to myself to daydream, read, play the piano. There was one man in my life that I could talk to - that was Tim, my last husband. Truly a soulmate. He was also bipolar. It was like bipolar to the second power when you put two of us together. Do you think maybe we would feel differently about making a friend if they were bipolar and we knew they understood and accepted us from the beginning? I end up telling people quite often because they ask me why I don't work anymore. I figure if they are that rude they deserve to hear that I am on Social Security - I am bipolar and can no longer work. See how fast I can get irritable! Anyway it is interesting to note you prefer time alone - I wonder how many of us are like that.  

Blogger Dreaming again said...
This one made me smile

26. Had an uncontrollable giggling fit at the worst possible moment: A lot :-) I'm an idiot.

That would be me! Especially in therapy! CRY? NO WAY... laugh ... I think that's my version of crying ...

it's more fun that way (my therapist finds it only half amusing)  

Blogger Cliff said...
Hmmm...some of those answers are pretty interesting. I'll have to do these on my blog tomorrow.

Oh, and as for your answers, we want to see pictures... :)  

Post a Comment

links to this post

Copyright © 2005 Blondzila (because no one else would own this).

Powered by Blogger

Powered for Blogger by Blogger templates