These are my thoughts. They are not meant to make sense. They are my echo into the woods. I am the tree that falls, and it is here that I make a sound.
Most recent babblings

The history of babble of the modern psychotic blonde

Warps to others, warped and otherwise
Sanity Optional
Tuesday, January 11, 2005

Mom, I'm a Pretty Lucky Kid

Says Adam tonight while I'm making dinner.

"Why's that?" I ask.

"Well, I've got a pretty good family and I'm happy and I know what I want to be when I grow up. I'm not going to be one of those people who become a plumber or a garbage man but always wanted to be an astronaut or something." (he meant no offence to any of the above professions).

I said "then I guess you are pretty lucky".

He asked "Didn't you want to be something when you were my age? Did you always want to do (he named the job I do now, a dry, technical sales job)?"

I laughed. "No. Not even close. I wanted to be a writer."

"Well, why didn't you? How's that book coming that you told me you were writing?" he asked.

"Book? Oh, Adam, that was long ago. I forgot all about it."

"Oh," he shrugged.

And that was that.

Sometimes messages come from the most unlikely, unbidden sources. Let's see what I can do with it.



Blogger Dangerous Mind said...
I have been thinking a lot about what I want out of life recently and today in particular. One of my dreams is also to write.

I may never be the best writer in the world. But I am determined to become the best writer that I can be.

I get personal satisfaction and pleasure from blogging and sharing things I have written with friends. It's hard to describe the joy of making someone laugh or smile, of encouraging them through words of support or knowing you have helped them get through a bad day.

One of my blogs joked about enjoying triple Ds (define, decide and develop). I know to a large extent what I want out of life, it's actually developing the dream so that it becomes reality where I get stuck or let life events get in the way. Come the 22nd of February of this year it will be seven years that one of those dreams, (namely write a book based on things that happened over a six week period up to 22nd Feb 1998) has been left undeveloped.

I have 30 odd pages written at the time. But if I don't take action soon I know I never will and it will be something I really regret at the end of my days.

The reason it's been on my mind is a'New Year Challenge'I read in the health section of the Toronto Star on Friday 7th January.

If I get time tonight I'll try to link to that article and write about some of the things I would like to chnage in my life. Who knows the very act of sharing may prompt me to take action.

I hope so. I really do.  

Blogger blondzila said...
I'd like to read about those events. Sincerely.  

Post a Comment

links to this post

Copyright © 2005 Blondzila (because no one else would own this).

Powered by Blogger

Powered for Blogger by Blogger templates