These are my thoughts. They are not meant to make sense. They are my echo into the woods. I am the tree that falls, and it is here that I make a sound.
Most recent babblings

The history of babble of the modern psychotic blonde

Warps to others, warped and otherwise
Sanity Optional
Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Benedict

ben·e·dict ( P ) Pronunciation Key (bn-dkt)
n.
A newly married man who was previously considered a confirmed bachelor.[After Benedick, a character in Much Ado About Nothing by William Shakespeare.]


According to the The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
Copyright © 2000 by Houghton Mifflin Company.

A hardline Catholic conservative was a prince of the church. Now, he is married not only to the theology that supports the dome of the Sistine Chapel, but is more so to the more than 1 billion Catholics that await his lead.

His policies are clear. We are going to go nowhere fast. Which is in a sense okay, because politics and religion shouldn't mix. But they will. Forever are they inseparable, because politics are the inevitable child of any human interraction.

He stated in his mass today that he will bring together the Christians separated by 1000 years of divergence. I wonder how that will play in the American Bible Belt? As a friend once said to me: that will go over like a fart in church.

Just a few thoughts of an atheist history major who has studied and been fascinated by the Catholic church for years.


Blogger AnX said...
Interesting observations. I do agree with you that religion and politics do not mix... and that they will. At least that's the case in a modernistic society.  

Blogger moodymicello said...
Very eerie that I would finish researching something ono the papacy and then read your blog. So you are fascinated by the Roman church.... I am as well; in fact, I am Catholic, but Pope Benedict probably wouldn't approve of my saying so; I believe Christ would. I don't practice my religion in an orthodox way. Michele (See Bipolar Musings for more)  

Blogger Franikins said...
There you are! I can't access your blog in Mozilla's browser. Maybe too much zila causing interference?

Anyway, glad to access ya!

The Church has quite a history, some to be proud of and some to be ashamed of. Pope John Paul II was a faithful servant to the Gospel. I'm quite conservative myself and I'm interested to see how the interum Pope works out.  

Blogger Dangerous Mind said...
Religion and plitics don't need to be so clearly intertwined as it is in North America.

You just have to look at countries like England.

I don't know enough about American history to know why it happened here  

Post a Comment

links to this post

Copyright © 2005 Blondzila (because no one else would own this).

Powered by Blogger

Powered for Blogger by Blogger templates