These are my thoughts. They are not meant to make sense. They are my echo into the woods. I am the tree that falls, and it is here that I make a sound.
Most recent babblings

The history of babble of the modern psychotic blonde

Warps to others, warped and otherwise
Sanity Optional
Monday, May 23, 2005

A quote

Something I said at the family dr visit recently when I was asking for a second opinion:

"I wish that I could go someplace, like physiotherapy, and my bipolar disorder would go away. Like a sore elbow, I could exercise my mind, teaching it to function properly again. I could do some crossword puzzles, figure out some increasingly difficult cryptograms and then graduate after some particularly tasty logic puzzles".

The doctor smiled at me sadly and said "It would be nice, I know. But this is going to be your life from now on."

But a girl can dream, can't I?


Blogger Manica said...
OOhhh boy, wouldn't that be great? While you have the magic wand could you wave it over my thighs too please and make them skinny again?

I think we've all wished for the quick fix many times.  

Blogger moodymicello said...
What a great thought you have had. It w ould seem that since the brain is one big muscle exercise of it should be a good thing for those of us who occassionally have states of confusion therein. Hold on to that thought about your puzzles, Blondzila!  

Blogger Dangerous Mind said...
I'm not sure that I like the:

----The doctor smiled at me sadly and said "It would be nice, I know. But this is going to be your life from now on."
---------

People do get better/learn to cope so that the BP does not have such a negative impact on their lives.
At least my dcotor held out that possibility, and that's the main thing that kept me going the last couple of years.

I blogged about a newspaper article which talked about people overcoming these things yesterday.

I guess the degree of seriousness of our problems varies.....but there must always be hope we can get better.

Don't let anyone dampen the hope!!
I blogged about  

Blogger blondzila said...
Dangerous Mind - I understand what you're saying but I think my doctor's point was that the medication was going to be with me for the rest of my life, not that I couldn't cope better with the disease. He's not denying me hope and neither am I. It's just that , especially considering the difficulty I had in just lowering the medication slightly, it is highly probable I will be on medication for the rest of my life.  

Blogger Dangerous Mind said...
That's good to hear Blondzila. I guess the main thing is to feel / cope better even if one has to rely on the meds.  

Blogger PowerProf said...
Boy, I could have written that. DOesn't it suck?  

Post a Comment

links to this post

Copyright © 2005 Blondzila (because no one else would own this).

Powered by Blogger

Powered for Blogger by Blogger templates