These are my thoughts. They are not meant to make sense. They are my echo into the woods. I am the tree that falls, and it is here that I make a sound.
Most recent babblings

The history of babble of the modern psychotic blonde

Warps to others, warped and otherwise
Sanity Optional
Saturday, July 02, 2005

War of the words

I'm going to try and keep this short.

We've all heard about Tom Cruise's inane treatment of Brooke Shield's honesty regarding post partum depression and his broader attack on psychiatry as a whole. While I'm not impressed with my own psychiatrist, I am not psychotic enough to fail to recognize the importance of the medication in my life. And the best conduit for that medication is a psychiatrist who has been trained in its effectiveness and applicability.

I am terribly afraid that there is someone out there, like me, who doesn't have a mediating factor in their life like I have Rob. And because they're alone, they're much more susceptible to the very misinformed ravings of a mediocre actor.

I know that if I was alone, and I gave thought to the things Mr. Cruise had said, I know there's a significant chance some of what he said would filter through this clotted brain of mine and land on the damaged parts. I would then go off my medication and, simply put, I would soon be dead. Without Rob and without the medications, I'd not stand much of a chance.

It is the height of hubris and irresponsibility for Tom Cruise to play with peoples' lives the way he has. Ignorance of his responsibility is no excuse. And as a result, I will never again pay money to support any project that is associated with Tom Cruise.

Never.


Blogger sansanity said...
"I am terribly afraid that there is someone out there, like me, who doesn't have a mediating factor in their life like I have Rob. And because they're alone, they're much more susceptible to the very misinformed ravings of a mediocre actor."

nah even alone without proper meds or mediating factor or even a pdoc, i still recognize him for the ranting and raving medicocre actor that he is. :)  

Blogger moodymicello said...
For Brooke Shield's NY Times article see http://www.nytimes.com/2005/07/01/opinion/01shields.html?
Your blog is right on point. I had read of this a day or so ago and couldn't believe his arrogance. His behavior sounds bipolar in a highly manic phase...probably badly in need of some haldol. haha  

Blogger Manica said...
Amen, well said.

Love the new look btw  

Post a Comment

links to this post

Copyright © 2005 Blondzila (because no one else would own this).

Powered by Blogger

Powered for Blogger by Blogger templates