These are my thoughts. They are not meant to make sense. They are my echo into the woods. I am the tree that falls, and it is here that I make a sound.
Most recent babblings

The history of babble of the modern psychotic blonde

Warps to others, warped and otherwise
Sanity Optional
Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Jealousy

Adam got his ear pierced last Monday (a week ago yesterday). He's actually been asking me since he was about 7 to get it done and his father finally agreed.

He's been taking care of it, cleaning and turning it when he's supposed to, without prompting.

Then he went to his father's on the weekend like normal.

A few weeks ago we talked about how's he's going to get to and from high school, which is about 1 1/2 miles, and he said roller blades. So we've been practicing almost every night (he's never bladed before). He's getting better and better.

During our skate last night, I asked him if he cleaned his earring at his dad's and he looked at me like "please, what kind of fool do you take me for" and said "yes, mom". Then I asked what his dad's longtime live in girlfriend said about it.

He said that rather than the fluffy cotton balls we have here at our house, she has the round flat cotton pads (good for taking off makeup and such, which she doesn't wear). So Saturday Adam uses three pads (he's to clean it three times a day) and Sunday he goes looking for the cotton. This twit of a girlfriend has taken the package, tied it up really tight and shoved it underneath the bathroom sink behind two boxes of feminine products.

Adam looks at me and says (and I love this!)

Mom, do you know how pathetic it is to be jealous of a fourteen year old kid using your cotton pads?

I laughed and asked if he had told his father (he keeps a lot of that kind of stuff from his dad because he doesn't want to stir the pot). He said he had told his dad, hey, look where I found the cotton swabs, dad, I wonder how they got there. And he said his dad looked at him, said, hmmm, I wonder too.

Then Adam said, I hope he then went and yelled at her (his dad's girlfriend).

This woman's been like this since my ex and her have been together, which I'd say is at least 7 or 8 years. She's jealous of the time my ex spends with Adam, to the point of telling both of them that my ex's planned family trip to Africa in a couple of years cannot include Adam. Additionally, she told Adam (and Adam's never told his dad this) that he better keep his room spotless because he's only a guest in their house.

Nice, eh?

It makes me so glad that Adam and Rob get along so well. At least he's got one home where he's universally welcome.


Blogger moodymicello said...
Let me at her. I promise not to hit. Michele  

Blogger Gigglezngrinz said...
It's beyond me how women can behave that way...and say such intentionally cruel things. Even further beyond me is dad's unwillingness to do anything about it.  

Post a Comment

links to this post

Copyright © 2005 Blondzila (because no one else would own this).

Powered by Blogger

Powered for Blogger by Blogger templates