These are my thoughts. They are not meant to make sense. They are my echo into the woods. I am the tree that falls, and it is here that I make a sound.
Most recent babblings

The history of babble of the modern psychotic blonde

Warps to others, warped and otherwise
Sanity Optional
Saturday, August 20, 2005

Rinse then repeat

This morning, as every Saturday morning, Rob made pancakes. He normally then does the breakfast dishes. However, he's taking a course this weekend, 9 am - 6 pm both Saturday and Sunday, on sports first aid. It dovetails with his coaching certification.

So he asked me to do the dishes while he got dressed to go.

I said fine, just leave them on the counter.

So what does he do?

He throws his dish in the sink and washes it.

Sounds nice, doesn't it.

WRONG WRONG WRONG

He doesn't rinse the plate and he doesn't put the excess bits of food in the garbage so when he throws the plate in the water, all the mushy little bits of pancake are floating about in the sink having a grand old swim.

I HATE IT I HATE IT I HATE IT.

My mom used to do that when I was a kid and it would bring me near tears of frustration to have to put my hand in that disgusting water. It just TOTALLY grosses me out.

Rob was upstairs at this point and I go to wash my plate and I can't even see to the bottom of the sink (the suds had died). Little mini pancakes were floating round and round. Then Adam's father phoned saying he'll pick Adam up today rather than have me deliver because he got called into work. Afterward, Adam asked what his dad said but I was fixated on this disgusting water and so I went off for a bit. Verbally that is.

"I HATE THIS!"

Adam asked what was wrong and I told him how it grosses me out and if Rob wanted me to do this dishes he should just let me do them. I know I rambled for a bit, and I don't remember 100% of what I said but at one point Adam just said:

"Mom, let's change topics. What did my dad say?"

So I told him and then went off on the sink for a bit more and then did the dishes, complaining all the while.

Please tell me I'm not the only person in the world who has a thing about food floating in the dishwater....


Blogger moodymicello said...
I HATE ANYTHING FLOATING IN MY CLEAN DISHWATER. HOW CAN YOU GET DISHES CLEAN IN DIRTY WATER?????

I'D HAVE GONE OFF TOO. BESIDES THAT, IT WAS A BIT OF A FIT HE THREW TO BEGIN WITH??? I HATE IT WHEN MEN ACT LIKE THEY ARE 3 YEARS OLD. mICHELE  

Blogger blondzila said...
Rob didn't throw a fit. But I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one who HATES HATES HATES things floating in the dishwater. Did I say I hate it?  

Blogger robmcj said...
I also HATE a slick of oil floating on top of the dishwater. I HATE when people stack dirty dishes on top of each other, so there's food on the bottom of each one, but then they only wash the top side. I HATE the fact that in our house you need to wash dishes twice - once before and once after using them. I HATE when friends come to stay, and on their last night they cook a meal to say thank you, but they use every pan/spoon etc. in the kitchen, then leave you to clean up all the debris.

Thanks, I feel better now.  

Blogger distantvoices said...
Have to say I also throw plates in the sink with bits of food on at times.I'm not talking T Bone steaks just left overs .  

Post a Comment

links to this post

Copyright © 2005 Blondzila (because no one else would own this).

Powered by Blogger

Powered for Blogger by Blogger templates