These are my thoughts. They are not meant to make sense. They are my echo into the woods. I am the tree that falls, and it is here that I make a sound.
Most recent babblings

The history of babble of the modern psychotic blonde

Warps to others, warped and otherwise
Sanity Optional
Wednesday, November 23, 2005

I repeat: damned engineers

I went to work yesterday with my cold even though I know the company is very vocal about people staying home when sick (the average age in my office is probably 59-62) because they are older and don't need it. I went specifically to look after the issue with the drawing for the engineers.

I never got the drawing from our fabricator until about 4 pm and then it was awful, not even close to what we and the customer had requested. So I spent an entire day at work when I could've been at home getting better(although I don't know what I would have done at home, but that's besides the point).

I've now woken up with a the beginnings of a healthy size chest cold. I feel yucky. AND I STILL DON'T HAVE THE RIGHT DRAWING. This is a project worth about $20,000 and if we do this one right, many more will come. So now I have to go back to work to get the drawing and forward it to the right people. And this is one day that I really wouldn't mind staying home.

Ahh, we'll see. Maybe I'll just screw it anyway. I've got swollen glands under my jaw, my throat feels like used sandpaper and I've got a headache. And while I'm not coughing up organs yet, when I do cough, I sound like I'm auditioning for a Buckley's commercial If I'm going to work I have to leave in 1/2 hr. Let's see....


Blogger moodymicello said...
Ii hope you have learned what it took me too long to learn at Mobil Oil: things happen to employees; they are entitled to sick days; and the good ones can solve a problem without coming in but eliciting help from a colleague or subordinate. If you don't, they will expect you on of each day of your funeal! Hint: Always keep your desk neat at the day's end with any open project in iits own file with a status sheet. Just a thought.

As to engineers....when doing a docuomoent production or prepping witnesses, they are the most difficult. Michele  

Post a Comment

links to this post

Copyright © 2005 Blondzila (because no one else would own this).

Powered by Blogger

Powered for Blogger by Blogger templates